Design Internship (UX/UI)
We have an exciting opening for a Design Intern to join our highly collaborative team!
The Design Intern will play a supporting design role under the guidance of our Creative Director on a wide range of projects. Candidates should be well rounded with an understanding of user-centric design principles and technical design skill that can be applied across mediums — digital, mobile and print. We understand that everyone is at different stages in the learning process so potential interns should possess raw talent, an eagerness to learn and a winning personality. Students and recent graduates will be considered.
This position is part-time.
– Visual Design – Assist with and help drive select client and internal projects. Support day-to-day design needs and create assets such as iconography, illustration, infographics, etc. that can span across multiple mediums
– Digital Product Design (web + app) – ability to develop and craft intuitive user experiences through user research methodologies, wireframing and high-resolution design
– Presentation Collateral – development of visually stunning presentations and presentation collateral for agency speaking ops, meetings and pitches
– Asset Creation – help develop evergreen creative assets that can be used across the brand as well as for client engagements
– General Support – Collaborate with marketing and product marketing teammates to support our admin, general design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more) needs.
– 1-2 years of prior design experience
– Strong sense of design principals and theory that can be applied to projects across multiple mediums (digital, mobile, print)
– Strong portfolio that demonstrates a technical understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
– Baseline understanding and/or desire to learn UX and how UI affects customer experience (at both a web and mobile level)
– Iterative design process
– Detail oriented and highly organized
– Creative! (in all respects, not limited to design)
– Willingness and ability to take on a variety of tasks
Candidate MUST HAVE THEIR OWN LAPTOP to work with. To be considered please send cover letter, resume and portfolio. URLs to web portfolios and pdfs (under 5MB) will be reviewed.
School credit upon request.
About Majestyk Apps
Majestyk is an NYC based digital agency with a focus on mobile platforms. We are a team of digital enthusiasts driven to create and work with the edgiest emerging technology. Majestyk employees thrive on pushing the boundaries, developing unique concepts and continuously learning.
Our tight-knit, startup-like culture encourages collaboration across teams and disciplines. We are always looking to evolve traditional standards and explore innovative solutions that meet our partners’ business objectives.
Design Intern (UX/UI)
New York, NY