Are you a lover of all things digital – especially search engine optimization? Are you looking for a company that also lives and breathes everything online? At Major Tom, we dig digital and are anchored by 17 years experience coupled with early adopter obsession and a tireless thirst to stay ahead of the pixel pack. If your calling is to strategize and manage world class search engine optimization campaigns have we got a compelling read for you (by job posting standards at least).
The SEO Strategist position includes working with Major Tom Account Managers (AMs) who manage a portfolio of clients. While the AMs are in a more client facing role, Strategists work on the creation and execution of campaigns within the client team. Strategists are brought into projects to provide expertise within their specialization.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, KPMG, and Bulletproof.
What You’ll Get To Do
○ Conduct keyword research
○ Research SEO itself – keep up with the latest trends
○ Create SEO strategy documents and reports
○ Conduct technical SEO audits and content audits
○ Make usability and conversion optimization recommendations
○ Make proactive recommendations for monthly clients
○ Help clients increase visibility in search and increase traffic and conversions from organic search through on-page and off-page efforts
○ Support AMs on all things SEO
○ Attend internal strategy meetings and some client meetings
○ Be a valuable part of website launch projects from the planning stage through to launch
Also, we’re Looking For
○ 1-2 years working on successful SEO campaigns, preferably in an agency environment
○ In-depth knowledge of search engine optimization and be up-to-date on all the latest tactics
○ Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
○ Extensive experience working with Google products including Analytics and Search Console
○ Analytical mindset–must enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting
○ Ability to provide insights and strategic recommendations to achieve project objectives
○ Be familiar with industry tools such as MOZ, SEMrush, Screaming Frog and GT Metrix
○ Degree or Diploma or equivalent work experience